Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Apothecary Jars

Thanks to Pinterest and creative friends, I decided to take on the Holiday Apothecary Jars project. For those who have seen my pins, you know I've wanted to do this project since December. So I took the leap for Valentines Day. Letters: XOX, Stuffing: (foil confetti)

Other ideas: Three-letter word (LUV), Stuffings (candy hearts, red hots, red garland)

Supplies:

Apothecary jars (to be reused at each holiday...mine are a few years old from kirklands and it looks like they don't have them anymore, but here's a set at amazon for a good price Amazon Apothocary Jars)

One bag of foil shreds (may reuse for Christmas, found at Dollar Tree)

Ribbon (may be able to use at Easter, found at Hobby Lobby)

Wooden Letters (may reuse "o" for joy at Christmas, found at Hobby Lobby...shockingly very inexpensive)

Spray paint (will definitely use silver again, I already had this)



Time to start thinking about what my next holiday redesign will look like : )

Here are the jars I found on Amazon that I think would look great!  Amazon apothocary jars




No comments:

Post a Comment